Διαφήμιση

Xiaomi Mi Mix: Reality Concept Phone of Your Wildest Dreams

Αυτή η σελίδα κάνει χρήση των Cookies. Εάν θέλετε να μάθετε περισσότερα για τα Cookies, κάντε κλικ στις Περισσότερες πληροφορίες

• Xiaomi Mi Mix: Reality Concept Phone of Your Wildest Dreams

Xiaomi Mi Mix: Reality Concept Phone of Your Wildest Dreams
      by mitch002 (follow me on Twitter @MI_mitch002 for my latest Xiaomi Unboxing, Reviews and Tutorials)

October 26, 2016, Xiaomi has etched itself to the history of Smartphones by unveiling the so called all screen phone of the future, for as far as a person who doesnt know who Xiaomi was before the launch of this historic phone, now they began to take notice of one of China's largest smartphone and gadgets manufacturer: Xiaomi.

[b]Mi Mix as they call it, hit the online shelves of Xiaomi last November 4, 2016 and it got swept away in just 10 seconds according to reports. This amazing phone was really a part of every techie person's dream lets admit it. Almost no frames upfront, ceramic suround case, 18k gold on the fingerprint scanner ring, 91% screen to body ratio and so on.[/b]

We have seen flying cars and high tech frameless monitors (holographic computer) used by Tony Stark in the latest Avenger's movie, this phone is the closest thing to that wild imagination that we have seen in Marvel super hero movies.

As I journey thru all of Xiaomi's smartphones as one of your favorite Mi Smartphone and Gadget Reviewer, I have to be honest that I was personally blown away by the beauty of this priceless gem. I was really lucky and thankful to all who helped me purchase this phone during the flash sale, especially to Santa Clause who told me I was a good boy this year thats why he allowed me to buy this phone. Prices went as high as 20,000 RMB in one of the report is saw from Weibo on pre-selling, and it was really crazy as even die hard Apple and Samsung fans want to partake themselves in this historic moment.

Xiaomi has definitely changed the way consumers view them after this historic release, and probably preparing for global dominance in the smartphone arena.

Before Mi Mix: When asked about Xiaomi: "What brand is that, I never heard about it, maybe just another dirt cheap Chinese phone, get a life."

After Mi Mix: When asked about Xiaomi: "I saw from news about it, they made that amazing bezel-less phone and crazing such a buzz around the techworld!"

Join me as I walk you thru this historic moment by unboxing the most coveted phone of 2016 and probably my best review for the year: The Xiaomi Mi Mix.

Let me acknowledge the person behind the design of the Mi Mix, he is no Tony Stark neither is he a Hugo Barra who is pretty popular, his name is Philippe Starck, the unsung hero behind the revolutionary smartphone inside Mi Mix.

Packaging Design:

Now its another black box for Xiaomi this time, marking the 3rd time they have released on this far. For every black box there is definitely something special that Xiaomi has made.

1. Mi Note Pro - First 2K Display Smartphone for Xiaomi as well as First Curved Edge Glass Backcase as well.

2. Mi5 Pro - First Ceramic Backcase for Xiaomi as well as 3-Carrier Aggregation LTE function as well.

3. Mi Mix - First Concept phone by Xiaomi, First 91% Screen to body Ratio, First Full body Ceramic including Sides, First Soft Key implementation and first Vibration earpiece technology. First 256GB storage phone by Xiaomi as well.

Now there is no denying this: Xiaomi has crafted a masterpiece of a hardware that embarasses Apple, Samsung and Google. Lets put the Mi Mix side by side with Iphone 7 Plus, Google Pixel and Samsung Note 7 (RIP), and no smartphone user can deny that the headturner and the most innovative one will definitely by the Mi Mix.

Photos from Phone Arena

Mi Mix Official Video:

Chances are you already know the top-of-the-line specs: the fastest Snapdragon chip at the moment, and six GB of RAM plus 256GB of storage. What you might not be aware of is its ease in using, and its quite easy to use even on one hand as compared to the Mi Max which has almost the identical 6.4-inch display. Thanks to its bezel-less edge-to-edge design. Plus the addition of the on screen floating digital assistant button called "smart ball", it brings out more funcitonality to the phone. Unlike the assistive touch of IOS, the smart ball can easily be hidden and can easily be brought out when you need it.

Whats in the Box:

Tech Specs of Mi Mix:

· Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor 2.35 Ghz

· Adreno 530 GPU 653MHz
      · 4GB / 6GB of RAM LPDDR4 1866MHz
      · 6.4-inch FULL HD display ultra bright, energy saving display, (~91% screen-to-body ratio)
      · 1080 x 2040 pixels (~362 ppi pixel density)
      · 94% color gamut of the NTSC, high color saturation
      · Black Ceramic Finish
      · 128GB / 256GB of storage
      · 16 MP, f/2.0, Dark Light Enhancement, Phase Detection Autofocus, Dual-LED (dual tone) flash
      · 5 MP front camera, f/2.0, autofocus
      · Finger print scanner
      · Dual SIM (nano sim size)
      · 3G, LTE, 4G+, VoLTE
      · Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
      · 4400mAh battery
      · Android Marshmallow, MIUI 8
      · USB-C port, UFS 2.0

Mi Mix Unboxing Video:

Mi Mix Phone Diagram:

Mi Mix has changed the way the location of the earpiece and some of the other parts of the hardware, here is the complete diagram of the phone.

Mi Mix Design

The Mi Mix has a design like no other, normally you will hear me say that Mi Note 2 has a very striking resemblance to the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, or the Mi 5s looks somewhat like an Iphone 6s. This time I can really say that this design truly is designed by Xiaomi themselves, nothing copied from anywhere, as the industrious Philippe Starck made this design their own. Now soon there will be other competitors popping out with their own bezel-less phones, but we will all remember where it really started, here at Xiaomi.

Following the footsteps of its smaller predecessor, the Mi 5 Pro, the Mi Mix came out with a Ceramic back as well, now this time not only the back, but the sides as well. I was blown away by the shining sides of the Mi Mix, but later realize that its full of fingerprints already. To prevent that from happening, Xiaomi included a leather back case for each Mi Mix purchase inside the box, thats the most premium free case I have seen so far, the Mi Note 2 and Mi 5s Plus throwed in a transparent plastic back case. Things are looking bright for Xiaomi, maybe a free Pistons headset pretty soon, who knows.

Above the frame we have the 3.5mm audio jack and two noise cancellation mic on both ends. Now this phone deploys the Piezoelectric Ceramic Accoustic Technology, its a new technology wherein there is no speakers in the top front bezel of the phone since its bezel-less, this time it uses mechanical vibration to send the sounds to your ears, isnt it awesome? You can read more about it here.

On the right side we have the shinny volume rocker and the shinny power button, why shinny? Coz its also made of ceramics! Not even the Mi 5 Pro sported a ceramic button, so its another first. We love the way it was deployed to the phone, the buttons just a little edgy coz of the corners of the Mi Mix design. We hope to see more improvements in the near future in terms of design. Everyone is bound to make a mistake on the first model.

On the left side we have the sim tray which supports 2 Nano sim cards and sadly it’s not the same as its sibling Mi Max which sports a hybrid sim 2 slot for either a Micro SD card or a Nano Sim. But all Xiaomi flagship never had a micro sd card expansion slot anyway. Getting the 128GB is already more than enough storage on the go, otherwise you need to opt for the 256GB which is another first by Xiaomi in its flagship category.

Beneath the phone we can see the loudspeaker holes, the USB-C Port as well as the Microphone.

At the back we can feel the elegance brought by the ceramic back case, Xiaomi deployed yet another state of the art in clipping back case to the the phone using the Tenon Joint Architecture, you can read more here. We can also see the fingerprint scanner as well as the 16MP camera being laced by 18k carat gold in the 256GB version, while the 128GB is just plain black border.

At front we have the 6.4 inch screen with a 91% screen to body ratio, we can find below on the lower right is the 5MP camera. Now the argument is what kind of protection does the front glass panel has? Normally Xiaomi does not mention anything about it, but we asked JerryRigEverything, the one who is popular for doing bend test and screen scratch resistance test. The Mi Mix gave in at Level 7 scratch test, which is somewhat similar to the Iphone 7 which is a Corning Gorilla Glass 4 level protection. Zack was impressed that the Mi Mix survived the bend test. Watch the video:

Display and Audio

We didnt expect the display to be as good as the Mi Note 2 which sports an AMOLED screen, but the Full HD display in the Mi Mix is already good enough for our eyes. To be honest, one cannot distinguish between AMOLED, 2K Display and Full HD display based on the naked eye. We did watch Dragon Ball Super anime series and Ghostbusters the Movie and it was superb based on our experience, the display was big and clear. Compared to the Mi Max, we can clearly conclude the display was better, but comparing to Mi Note 2, we can hardly differentiate the differences. The sound was excellent, we have no problem kicking the sound to the max inside a small room of roughly 8 square meters and it can fill the room with sound.

We also tried to play NBA 2K16 game and it was pretty smooth and we did not experience any lag or delay in screen play, its just that we are not that used to this big of a screen in playing this game. We tried to view the phone under the bright roaring sun and its pretty good (its just that the camera cannot capture the screen under direct sunlight).

Here are the supported audio and video file format by the Mi Mix:

• MP4
      • M4V
      • MKV
      • XVID
      • WAV
      • AAC
      • MP3
      • AMR
      • FLAC
      • APE
      • DSD

Support H.265 / HEVC (the Main Profile), the H.264 (Baseline / the Main / High Profile), MPEG4 (the Simple Profile / the ASP),
      the VC-1 (the Simple / the Main / Advanced Profile) video formats, support for PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC +,
      MP3, the AMR - NB and WB, FLAC, APE, DSD, WAV and other audio formats

Mi Mix Video And Audio Performance Test:

Snapdragon 821

One of the many devices that sports the latest chipset from Qualcomm is Mi Mix, the Snapdragon 821 SoC has 4 cores and can run up to 2.35Ghz of computing speed. Now of course powered together with the powerful Adreno 530, it will give you the best experience in gaming up to date. This powerful processor combined with the power of Adreno 530 makes this phone one of the elite for they year 2016. Especially that Samsung Note 7 has been out of the picture for good, we highly recommend the Mi Mix or the Mi Note 2 as one of the best alternative for Samsung Galaxy Note Savy users. We ran several stress test on this unit and we did not see any lags nor any slowdown on the opening of any apps in the Mi Mix, multitasking was a breeze. This SoC is already supporting the 64-bit architecture which means it can compute at a very fast phase. So good graphics, good multitasking plus fast processing makes Snapdragon 821 on of the beastly SoC we have handled.

For more information about the Snapdragon 821 and its properties, please check this detailed explanation done by one of our Device Team member @rahul_09

Connectivity

The Mi Mix supports 22 different LTE bands for Full Netcom Edition, unlike the Global Edition of the Mi Note 2 which supports 37 different LTE Bands for Global consumption, the Mi Mix markets itself within China and the Asia Pacific region. Its pretty easy to switch to LTE network inside the settings but once your do the second sim will be running on GSM connectivity only. You can freely choose which sim you want to use your LTE data, since this is a Dual LTE, Dual standby smartphone. This unit also has the 4G+ equipped, and also supports multiple carrier aggregation technology (should your network provider have this feature), you can take advantage of it. Wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac is also smooth and it also supports Wi-Fi Direct. Wireless screen mirroring is also available via the Miracast protocol, tethering data is also working perfectly. Bluetooth 4.2,GPS, and GLONASS are all present, NFC (Near Field Communication) is also present as Xiaomi gears toward Mi Pay and it enables you to send data to a fellow NFC user with just tapping your phones together.

Bootloader:

Okay this is probably the next question your gonna ask me, yes bootloader is locked and you will need to unlock it to flash ROMs into it.

Mi Mix Camera

The Mi Mix camera isnt as great as the Mi Note 2 which sports a 22.5MP, this 16MP shutter can get good snaps as well, a little left behind on dim areas but under good lighting, this camera is one good performer. The only thing that is lacking is the OIS technology thats being deployed to the Mi 5 and the Video Stabilization technology inside the Mi Note 2 camera.

Actual Photos (cropped a bit due to server not accepting original size)
      Selfie Shots:

The front cam is pretty clear in capturing selfie, its definitely a good one from my point of view.

Outdoor Shots:

Indoor Shots:

Macro Shots:

Panorama Shot:

Awesome Shot!

Mi Mix Video Camera In Action:

Mi Mix Studio Booth Shots:

Mi Mix Transparent Photos:

Everyone was so blown away by the transparent hands photos posted by Hugo Barra on his Twitter account, now we are trying our own version of the said trick. First try was a bit hard...

We nailed it on the second try.

And Third...

And Fancy Crazy Shots

Mi Mix Battery and Benchmark

Putting a 4400mAh inside a slim unibody is not in anyway easy to do, the Mi Mix has a pretty good battery life for a Phablet sized smartphone. The Mi Mix supports the Qualcomm Quick charge 3.0 and it takes in 2.5 Amperes based on our testing using the supplied charger and cable, this could be higher when you buy a Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 charger, the reason why Xiaomi only included a Quick Charge 2.0 charger is due to cost cutting to bring it to you at the lowest price possible. We were able to charge from 10% to 25% in less than 10 minutes out the box as that’s the only factory charge they gave us together with the unit. We were able to complete charging the phone in 1 hour and 40 minutes. We recorded a 11 hour 23 minutes endurance test Mi Mix 256GB version under the PC Mark battery stress test. If these statistics are true on a normal daily use, then its really a good sign for the said smartphone.

The benchmark of the Mi Mix 6GB RAM 256GB ROM rated from AnTuTu benchmark yielded a result of 132,937 points which is a little higher than that of the Mi Note 2 at 131,811 points. In Geekbench it scored 1829 on single core and 3939 on multicores.

More Benchmark Data:

Some Hidden Data That You Will Love to See, Reply to View:

Έχει γίνει απόκρυψη περιεχομένου. Για να συνδεθείτε/εγγραφείτε, κάντε κλικ εδώ.
      Έχει γίνει απόκρυψη περιεχομένου. Για να συνδεθείτε/εγγραφείτε, κάντε κλικ εδώ.

Mi Mix, Powerful Inside and Amazing Outside!

Now that Xiaomi has shocked the world with its concept phone being released, everyone is jumping into the bandwagon to get their hands on the latest smartphone by the Chinese smartphone manufacturer giant. The Mi Mix did make the Iphone 7 and Samsung Galaxy Note 7 looks so yesterday as it was the dream phone in the past. Now that Xiaomi has gain grounds and recognition by smartphone rivals, we expect competition pretty soon. At the moment its still pretty hard to buy this said concept phone, it will be pure luck if you were able to grab one during flash sale in Xiaomi online in China.

Overall, the Mi Mix is pretty good to use, Im still amazed by the way Xiaomi was able to come up with this phone, the phone is easy to grip except the edges due to the corners, plus its a bit heavy at 209 grams, normally big smartphone weigh around 160 grams. We highly recommend this unit for all Xiaomi Fans and also those who like to join the bandwagon, the Mi Mix truly is an awesome phone to have. Im happy I was able to be part of history in the making by Xiaomi.

The 128GB variant retails for 3499 RMB and the 256GB 18K Gold variant retails at 3999 RMB.

"never seen such a masterpiece this amazing before." -mitch002

Xiaomi Mi Mix

Credits:
      To the forum admins who never fails to support me in my reviews
      To All my readers and fans.

This is my best review for 2016, happy reading and let me wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of You! Cheers!!