Διαφήμιση

Mi Pad 4 Plus Review: Supersize Me!

Αυτή η σελίδα κάνει χρήση των Cookies. Εάν θέλετε να μάθετε περισσότερα για τα Cookies, κάντε κλικ στις Περισσότερες πληροφορίες

• Mi Pad 4 Plus Review: Supersize Me!

Mi Pad 4 Plus Review: Supersize Me!
      by mitch002

It sure took more than a year for Xiaomi to finally release its successor to the Mi Pad 3, there are probably some reason that the 3rd series was discontinued along the way that leave fans craving for the release of the 4th iteration which is our current review topic, the Mi Pad 4, and whats best its that it became a Plus size at 10.1 Inch. Lets run down a bit on the choices of processors by Xiaomi for the previous generations, Mi Pad took in Nvidia Tegra, Mi Pad 2 locked in Intel Atom, Mi Pad 3 had Mediatek and finally Mi Pad 4 equipped with Snapdragon. Could the 4th time be the charm for the Mi Pad Series? Lets check it out!

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus Specs Sheet

• Screen: 10.1-inch FHD, resolution 1920 x 1200, 224 ppi, 1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 16:10 Screen Ratio, Support Eye Mode
      • SoC: Snapdragon 660 Octacore (4 x 2.2Ghz Kryo 260 + 4 x 1.8Ghz Kryo 260)
      • GPU: Adreno 512 650 Mhz
      • RAM: 4GB dual channel LPDDR4X
      • Storage: 64GB/128GB eMMC5.1 supports 256GB Expansion Micro SD Card
      • Rear camera: 13MP, f / 2.0 aperture, HDR, Beautify, 1080p, Omnivision 138855 Camera Sensor
      • Front camera: 5MP, f / 2.0 aperture, Front HDR, Beautify, Face Recognition, Samsung s5k5e8
      • Battery: 8620mAh
      • Dimensions: 245.6 x 149.08 x 7.99mm
      • Weight: 485g
      • Operating system: MIUI 9.6, based on Android 8.1
      • Finger Print Scanner
      • Connectivity: USB-C, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
      • Color: Champagne Gold, Black
      • Version: 4G LTE Version

Video Unboxing

Unboxing

Same white box at Mi Pad 4

Mipad 4 Plus, QC 2.0 Charger, USB C Cable, Manual and Sim Ejector Pin

Finger Print Scanner same as the Mi 6

USB C Port, Loudspeaker and Mic In

Sim Ejector Tray

Mic In and 3.5mm Audio Jack

Power and Volume Rocker

Dual Camera

Front Camera

256GB SD Card slot. Nano Sim Card

Snapdragon 660

This processor is well known inside the Mi Note 3 which is a flagship Note series by Xiaomi, it later appeared inside the Mi 6X as well in an effort to bring a powerful midrange to the market. This time, its the first time we see a Qualcomm powered tablet for Xiaomi and we bet that this unit should be as good as their smartphones, and we did a lot of testing on this unit, we ran PUBG and NBA 2k18, it pretty much played up to our expectation, we didn't find any much problem during game play but there are times that NBA 2k18 crashed in the middle of the game, probably its app related problem, but rendering the game is A-OK! There is even a Gaming Mode wherein there will be no one to disturb you while you play. Not sure if it will give you all the resources you need like the Black Shark's Shark Space. We did a lot of multitasking on this one, well that's expected of any good laptop in the market to be able to run multiple task at any given point in time. It didn't even break a sweat!

AnTuTu gave it a good score at 145016 points.out of the box which is a huge jump over the Mi Pad 3 notching only 79296 Points from my review last April 2017.

Audio and Video

Audio format

AAC LC, HE-AACv1 (ACC+), HE-AACv2 (ACC+), ACC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FLAC, MP3, PCM/WAVE, Vorbis

Video format

H.263, H.264 AVC Baseline Profile (BP), H.264 AVC Main Profile (MP),

H.264 HEVC, MPEG-4 SP, XVID, VP8, VP9, ASF/WMV, 3G2, AVI, TS,

MKV/WEBM, M4V, 3GP/MP4, FLV

Camera

This is a section which is not really much of an importance in a tablet, well yeah its good to have a nice camera but it looks kinda awkward for anyone to hold such a big screen to just take a photo. But Xiaomi did packed a good camera in the Mi Pad 4, last year's Mi Pad 3's camera was terrible as it was anything but good. This time around its also a 13MP back shooter with a 5MP front snapper but believe me, the quality is very very lets just say awesome for a tablet. Lets just say it can match the quality of the photos taken by a Redmi 6. Don't believe me? Check out the actual photos I posted below and check out the quality of the Mi Pad 3's camera from this link.

The front camera is still a bit shaky for me after holding and reviewing so much selfie cameras like the Redmi S2 and the Mi 8, this one is kinda out of my chart for quality of a good selfie camera, tho its still good for video chatting on Viber.

Actual Photos

Selfie Camera

Video Sample

LTE Bandwidth Support

TDD-LTE: B34/B38/39/40/41

FDD-LTE: B1/3/5/7/8

Battery Life

Xiaomi kicked up the battery from 6000mAh to 8000 mAh this time is the winner, but it also added several hundred grams of weight into the unit from the predecessor is caused by the increased screen size. Mipad 3 has scored a 8 hours SOT test by PC Mark Battery Test last year and I'm very proud to tell you that the Mi Pad 4+ scored a whooping 19 hours and 47 minutes this year! Lets just say the Snapdragon switch by the company is a good choice and its really paying back the results pretty good to the consumers.

I charged the Mi Pad 4+ using a QC 3 Charger and the ampere input is just 1.8 Ampere, it finished charging from 20% to 100% in 3 hours and 35 minutes which is not really so bad for a 8000mAh capacity tablet, but it does not support QC 3.

Google Play Installation Guide

[Device Team] Mi Pad 4 Google Play Installation Guide
      en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html
      (Source: Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum)

More Benchmarks

Verdict

Last year Xiaomi's Mi Pad 3 probably failed to capture the market that's why it immediately was pulled out of the shelves of the company which leaves fans waiting for the next release. This time the company has beefed up its tablet series in terms of SoC, Camera, screen size and battery life, and oh before I forgot, it even got an LTE version which was not even present on the 3 predecessors. The option to increase the screen size from 8 inch to 10 inch for better viewing at the sacrifice of weight is definitely the winner in this case, and Im happy to view my movies in this size of a tablet.

4/64GB LTE - 1899 RMB

4/128GB LTE - 2099 RMB

Mipad 4 Plus