Mi MIX 2S Ceramic Edition Unboxing!
Ceramics always have a special place in my heart, I personally admired all the Ceramic series that Xiaomi has been releasing dating back to the great Mi5 as it was able to be one of the first to get my hands on and I immediately fell in love with the quality and the feel of the ceramic. Tho its a bit heavier than the metal and glass edition, but the scratch resistant was too good to pass, but in return I get a finger print magnet plus its biggest fear is drop test. Ceramics has a property of being brittle therefore for clumsy users who always let their phone crash to the floor, this is not really for you. Unless you have it wear a Iron Man Suit to protect it from bump and drops, then you have defeated the purpose of having a ceramic phone.
Before you get any further, read my full review here: [Mi Product Review #100] [Device Team] Mi MIX 2S Comprehensive Hands On Review
Tech Specs of Mi MIX 2S Ceramic Edition:
- · Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 Octa-core processor (4x2.8GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4x1.8GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- · Adreno 630 GPU
- · 8GB of RAM LPDDR4
- · 5.99-inch IPS LCD display ultra bright, energy saving display, (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- · 1080 x 2160 pixels FHD+ (~403 ppi pixel density), 1500:1 contrast ratio, 18:9 Ratio
- · DCI-P3 color gamut, high color saturation
- · Black Ceramic Finish, White and Black
- · 256GB of storage
- · 12 MP, wide angle lens, 4 Axis OIS, f/1.8, 1.4µm Dark Light Enhancement, Phase Detection Autofocus, Dual-LED (dual tone)
- 12 MP, telephoto lens, portrait lens, f/2.4, 1.0µm, AI
- · 5 MP front camera, f/2.0, 1.4µm, autofocus, Mirror Function, Portrait Mode
- · Finger print scanner
- · Dual SIM (nano sim size)
- · 3G, LTE, 4G+ Carrier Aggregation, VoLTE Calls
- · Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- · 3400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0 Supported 9V / 3A
- Supports Wireless Charging 7.5W
- · 4 x 4 MIMO Technology to support MU-MIMO
- · Sensors: Ultrasonic distance sensor, Ambient Light sensor, Gyro, Vibration Motor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Electronic
- Compass, Hall Sensor
- · Android Oreo 8.0, MIUI 9
- · USB-C port, UFS 2.1
- · 150.86 mm x 74.9 mm x 8.1 mm
- · 189 Grams
8GB + 256GB
Greetings from CEO Lei Jun
USB C Cable, QC 3 Charger, MIX 2S, Back Case, Audio Adapter, Ejector Pin, Manuals
The Dual Camera has a Gold ring surrounding it, similar to the black edition
Silver Ring on the Fingerprint Scanner
The only way to distinguish it from the black is looking into the back case itself, you can see its shine is different fromt he normal black one.
Antutu have rated this to be almost 270K points, almost the same as the rating received by the Black Shark 8GB + 128GB. This is basically the same specs as the Black Shark from the inside, but the feel outside is totally different. This one wont fall far behindi Black Shark in terms on gaming, only the Black Shark is more ergonomic from gaming purpose.
Mi Qi Wireless Charger on MIX 2S.
Its still a hard catch at the moment, you can get this for 3999 RMB.