Mi 360 Panoramic Sphere Camera Actual Photos, Review and Hands On
Have you recently notice some of your friends are uploading photos on facebook which enables you to see 360 degrees of their surrounding? Dont you feel it is pretty awesome and you are pretty leftout with this technology? Fear not, as Xiaomi has launched their own version of the 360 Camera it is simply called the Mi 360 Panoramic Sphere Camera.
Whats in the Box:
Hands On Video:
Now you are wondering why there is no screen on the camera like the Yi Action Camera, simple, its because you need two lens to capture 180 degree front and 180 degree back and then combine into one big photo just to feed your curiousity.
This camera is as small as the Yi Action Camera, then its pretty thin and it is made of metal body with matte black finish. My only concern is the exposed camera lens on how to protect it, other than that, its a 100 percent awesome gadget. Sooner, we might see some gears to attach to it like a waterproof case, which is i havent seen anyone captured one yet under the deep blue sea.
Let me walk you thru on how to use this camera as well as how to post a 360 degree photo on Facebook.
360 Video (Pls Use a VR Box to Watch)
360 Video (Successful Youtube Upload)
How to Connect Mi Sphere App:
Download the app provided in the manual via QR Code, connect using wifi to the camera with default password as 12345678. Now please take note that the camera requires a UHS 3 level micro sd card, meaning it needs high speed writting cards for this model, but UHS 1 of Sandisk did work for me, please refer to the photo I provided for more info.
Since I cannot render it here in the forum, please check MIUI Philippines FB page and Like it, then view this photo:
MIUI Philippines FB Page Link Photo
I have uploaded myself a High Resolution 360 Video on Youtube, you just need to use a VR Box to be able to view it on 360 degrees. This is how you can share 360 Videos using the app.
1. Open the video
2. Click on Menu
3. Export to Phone
4. Go to your phone’s DCIM\MadV360 directory.
5. Insert 360 metadata with the YouTube metadata injector or with VRFix or with a video editor such as Collect 360 or V360.
6. Upload to your preferred sharing site.
How to Use:
1. The Xiaomi has much more detail as opposed to the Gear 360. This is not surprising because the Xiaomi’s photo resolution is significantly higher (6912 x 3456) compared to the Gear 360 (5472 x 2736).
2. When shooting in shadow covered areas, the Xiaomi has an even bigger advantage. The Xiaomi retains detail in shadow areas, whereas the Gear 360 has much less detail in the shadows.
3. The Xiaomi has almost edge to edge sharpness, losing sharpness only very close to the fuse line.
4. Xiaomi is prone to photo doubling while stitching the photo.
This awesome new gadget can be yours for 1699 RMB and its available only from Xiaomi China Webstore.
Mi 360 Panoramic Sphere Camera