Διαφήμιση

[My Mi Story] The Journey of A Mi Gadget Reviewer from Redmi Note 3G to Mi MIX!

Αυτή η σελίδα κάνει χρήση των Cookies. Εάν θέλετε να μάθετε περισσότερα για τα Cookies, κάντε κλικ στις Περισσότερες πληροφορίες

• [My Mi Story] The Journey of A Mi Gadget Reviewer from Redmi Note 3G to Mi MIX!

Hi guys, I am Richmond aka mitch002 from the beautiful island of the Philippines. It’s my honor to be part of this My Mi Story series Vol 002. This series is all about how Xiaomi changed our lives and you will get to know various stories shared by moderators and supermoderators on MIUI Forum across the world.

As Xiaomi is celebrating its 7th year in the industry, This is a story of a journeyman who loves to blog about technology way back to Nokia days, I'm going to share with you how a normal user like me was able to achieve the level that I am in now, by the way I am celebrating almost 3 years of using Xiaomi products.

2014: HOW I MET XIAOMI

It all started way back June 2014 when Mi 3 flash sale was such a buzz in Lazada Philippines. Imagine a top of the line smartphone that time at such a low low price within 200 USD. It went pretty well and got sold out in 1 hour during the event. That time it ignited my curiosity to check out who this Xiaomi company is. Honestly, I am not so keen on China made products because of its lack of experience in making quality and long-lasting product. However, feedbacks on Xiaomi was good but for me it's still too good to believe at that time. I was searching for a dual sim phone at that time that I can use for work and family because carrying 2 smartphones is such a hassle.

I went on a trip to Hong Kong and it just so happened when I was in the gadget hub in Sham Sui Po, I stumbled upon a device called Redmi Note 3G, they claimed it was made by Xiaomi and sports the Mi logo on its plain brown box. But that time I was still a noob when it comes to the variants of Xiaomi as they have ones that work outside China and inside China. Nevertheless I grabbed one and was lucky it worked in my home country. My Mi journey thus started and I was amazed by MIUI 5 because it was similar to IOS yet it's an Android OS. I was a frustrated Touch Wiz Samsung S4 user at that time and I immediate ditched Samsung in favor of Xiaomi.

The Legendary Redmi Note 3G

Dropping Samsung for Xiaomi was hard at first, as you got teased by your peers like you sure you ditching S4 for that unknown brand? But I never looked back and was really happy with what I was using, then furthermore, I bought Mi 10000mAh power bank to pair with my Redmi Note 3G.

The First Mi Power Bank 10,000 mAh
      After the first 2 Mi products, it then keeps me curious about what Xiaomi will release next, for which reason I keep tuned to Xiaomi China website list.mi.com and constantly updating myself with the latest release of Xiaomi. My next item was a huge one, its the Mi TV 2 and I had a hard time trying to catch one since its a bit hard to ship to me in the Philippines. But after 4 months of trying, I finally landed it in the Philippines and was so happy to be the first one to have this unit in my home country.

My First MiTV2 landed in the Philippines

My perspective with China made products suddenly changed, and I figured out that there are good companies who make good quality products just like Xiaomi. Then my blogging / tech review of Xiaomi began in May 2015 as I was able to cover Mi Note and my most popular article was the teardown of the Mi Powerbank vs Asus Zenpower, garnering almost 80,000 views up to date.

2015: HOW I JOINED MIUI GLOBAL FORUM

I am a fan of vincent_khoo and his news articles as he covered the launch of Mi 4 and many other gadgets released by Xiaomi. I was always tuned to read his articles on MIUI Global Forum. Then my friend huangmianmian of the resource team and jenz1 of the photography team recruited me to join the device team since I seem to be a good fit into that team. Then without a second thought, commander marcus_keong selected me to be one of the device team members and was supported by then moderator Gr33dyBlackie, I then contributed with my reviews of Xiaomi devices and won Device Team Best Article of 2015. Since then I did not miss any reviews and I can proudly brag that I have held every Xiaomi Phone since Mi 3.

It wasn't easy to be selected to Moderator as I have failed already applying for moderator of Mi Note Pro, but luck came on my side and I was selected to be Moderator of Redmi Note 2 and got to train under my mentor Technoking2020. One person that I will never forget who supported and coached me all the way since device team days until now is the great legendary Supermoderator fksgs2, he has been around for quite some time already and boy I did learn a lot from him especially on forum rules, how to moderate properly and how to make my thread look more decent than it was before. He will constantly monitor my works and yeah he did help me to become the super moderator that I am now. A million thanks to fksgs2. I learned a lot from them, to be honest they keep me in check especially my moderations in the forum.

HOW I BECAME A MI GADGET REVIEWER

The opportunity given to me fired my passion for Xiaomi more as I constantly keep myself updated with the news threads of vincent_khoo and sepneela and spend a lot of money buying all smartphones and gadgets of Xiaomi just to make a review of each and every one of it. Probably a feat that no one in this forum has ever achieved, I just want to share the real review to all Mi fans out there not just reading previews only. I always give my honest opinion about the devices that I review, and never was biased about anything. I was then promoted to take on Mi Gadgets SF as well as Mi5 SF.

Other than managing the forum, I am also an admin in the Mi Philippines Mi 3 Facebook page as well, we have over 10,000 fans there, we also share news and help each other there. I give my services for free there as some fans who bricked their phones came to my office and had it unbricked for free. Well, I have also invented the DIY Deep Flash Cable and it has helped many Mi5 users unbrick their phones and flashed to original rom from tampered vendor roms. This method is being shared many times on other tech websites as well.

Some random Mi Fans stopping by to say hi to me. {:4_112:}

DIY Deep Flash Cable {:4_106:}

As a gadget reviewer, I have covered almost all Xiaomi Smartphones starting from Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 5, Mi Note, Mi Note 2, Mi MIX and also the Redmi Series as well. I always do an honest to goodness review and people appreciate it, one unique thing about my blogs / reviews is that I always bombard it with a lot of photos, especially when testing the camera since its one of the main feature of the camera everyone is waiting to see. But there are still many who complained that my thread has so many photos which takes a while to load it, sorry guys but its for the fans.

Here are some of my phones.

Can you enumerate all of them? {:4_118:}

I even went as far as asking models to hold my review phones just to make my review look awesome. I did it for Mi 5s and Mi5 s Plus as well as the concept phone of the year: Mi MIX!

Shoutout to Ms Lyra and Ms Aiko {:4_100:}

I have also tackled most of the gadgets released by Xiaomi, like MiTV, Air Purifiers, Mi Box, Power Banks, Extension Chords, Smart Gateway, VR Goggles, Mi Notebook Air, Mi Drone and even went to the extent of buying 8H pillows, Towels, Rice Cookers, Mi Smart Fan and even MiJia Pens. Xiaomi has everything covered, basically they have targeted the whole basic necessity inside the house and mostly making it smart thats why its called Mi Jia Smart Home. You may be wondering how come I get to have all these goodies while Im far from China. Simple, I have a hometown in Zhe Jiang Province in China and I have all my Xiaomi goodies shipped there before they sea cargo it to me or air cargo depending on my urgency in making that review. Normally only phones get to ride the plane, the rest are thru sea cargo as the transportation fee is way cheaper. Here is a compilation of all my reviews for 2016, check it out.

Some of my Top favorite Mi Gadgets!

I also did some modeling for Xiaomi while reviewing their gadgets!

Now how to make a good review you might want to ask me, basically you have to get your English straight. There are many types of review, from paid to unpaid, from honest to dishonest reviews. Mine is honest and unpaid reviews, so whenever I feel like bashing the item, I do so without a doubt but politely. Sometimes too direct to the point will hurt the product as well, you just have to put it under room for improvements for some features and blah blah. For me you just have to be yourself, how good you narrate it will be the specialty of your blog. Mine is more of review plus tutorial type, wherein users get to see the whole item as well as how you are going to use it and how you are going to configure it as well. At the end of the day, you need to make it reader-friendly as possible. Tips: Don't put unnecessary story just to make your blog look like it‘’s full of information but in fact its just 25% is about the product, stick to the topic always.

Me in the October issue of the Mi Product Catalogue

I have then written many unbrick/flashing tutorials with the help of my buddies Muz_paray, feds64, and BharatG. They are the resident expert on the forum when it comes to flashing and unbrick, it just so happen I have all the device which enables me to do the actual flashing to make a good tutorial for all the users out there. When there are bugs in Mi5 SF, I always make sure I will bug Abishiek to expedite my bug complaints, of course just for the users. There are also good people whom I met along the way like manwex, soumya_2002 and sudd1976 whom constantly keeps in touch with me for updates and other stuff. There are just too many friends I have made along the way whom I can't mention all, there are just too many of them.

Me playing with Mi MIX transparent photo trick

I was on my business trip to Hang Zhou in China, I made sure I stopped by Mi Store in Shanghai and it sure was a blast. I turned into an instant celebrity there as I was one of the lucky Mi Fans able to score a Mi5 Pro Ceramic Black Edition at that time. The staff was so amazed at the beauty of the Mi5 Ceramic and they passed my phone around to all the other staffs to appreciate. They later put me live on Mi Live, they let me introduce myself and how I got the Ceramic Mi5, and a few seconds later CEO Lei Jun made a short appearance and gave me a virtual rose for being able to share my Mi5 Ceramic on Mi Live, Mi Shanghai Store also got a virtual Porsche from the CEO. Could it get better than that?

Mi Store Shop Attendants who are also big Mi Fans!

Look! CEO Lei Jun 雷军 gave me a virtual rose!

Physical kiosk of Mi Philippines.

Just recently, I won Best Moderator of 2016 and also got lucky and selected to be a Device Supermoderator with all the support from admin Candicesu. Blessings keep pouring in for me well yeah including responsibilities. With great power comes great responsibility as they say, I am now tasked to keep my SF clean and help enforce rules within my jurisdiction, helping to train intern moderators, doing tutorials and doing what I love to do, write gadget review threads. I have recently unlocked more potential as I learned photography skills from master Schwaa, I got the chance to make the first video interview thread and MIUI world tour thread as well. I don't want to limit my potential as I get to share my other skills in other subforums as well to increase traffic in the global forum.

The company's culture "just for fans" is really a good one as Mi fans from anywhere in the world keep increasing incrementally. Me and the Mi Philippines Local SF team are making the first Mi PH Fans Meet and we are lucky to be supported by our beloved admins Nanana and Evaaaaaaa. We are rendering our service for free, just for Mi Fans.

My friend and Mi Note 2 Endorder Mr. Tony Leung had me endorse the Mi MIX!

Now I have shared my story, its time to analyze a bit, how did Xiaomi change my life? Well, it did a big impact on me in my perspective on China made products that not everything made in China are cheap and low quality. It also gave me the chance to know all the latest technology thru my reviews of their product, I'm excited every time something awesome gets released from Mi Jia Ecological Chain. You know what was the item which I really got so excited about from Mi Gadgets? Its the Mi Drone!! I was so happy to get my first Mi Drone and flew it to the beach. It was really a masterpiece from Xiaomi.

I also get to talk to Mi fans across the world, and interacting with people from other countries opens up my knowledge on their culture and knowing how to deal with them. It's nice to plant a seed in every country, you never know when you will be able to ask for their help in the future. My English skill has been sharpened while writing reviews, and the most important part is that I now have the guts to make video unboxing which I never dare do before. I hope all my readers and fans appreciate all the works I have been doing here in the global forum, I have poured in my time and effort on each and every article that I made. I made a Twitter account just to post all the threads I made, you can follow me @MI_mitch002.

Parting words from CEO Lei Jun, Three Steps to Speed Dial Success:
      - Constant Innovation
      - User is King
      - Never compromise on the quality

My Top 2 Super Favorite Mi Gadgets of all Time!

My Video Greeting for Xiaomi's 7th Birthday!

It's really amazing how one smartphone company can make it this big now, I'm thankful for Xiaomi to bring all Mi fans together, and I also thank all the readers and fans reading my story and being part of my amazing journey with Xiaomi. Make more gadgets for me to review Xiaomi, that's my challenge to you. Maybe soon you can sponsor some of my review gadgets, all the gadgets I reviewed are from my own pocket. Knock Knock CEO Lei Jun. Hehe.

What's your favorite Mi Gadget? What's your story? Share with us!

• WOW !!!

This is an Amazing Story Mitch.
      Thanks for sharing with us ... :thumbsup:
      Γίνε και εσύ εύκολα V.I.P μέλος !

ή επέλεξε να κάνεις μία δωρεά
      Δωρεά προς την κοινότητα (Donation)
    • Διαφήμιση