Διαφήμιση

Mi Notebook Air 13: Sleek, Stylish, Sexy

• Review

Αυτή η σελίδα κάνει χρήση των Cookies. Εάν θέλετε να μάθετε περισσότερα για τα Cookies, κάντε κλικ στις Περισσότερες πληροφορίες

• Mi Notebook Air 13: Sleek, Stylish, Sexy

Mi Notebook Air 13: Sleek, Stylish, Sexy

by mitch002 (follow me on Twitter @MI_mitch002 for my latest reviews and tutorials)

Finally Xiaomi has released the 13 inch model of the Mi Notebook Air laptop roughly 3 weeks after the debut of its 12 inch series. We are just as excited as you are as we unbox, take a good look on this brand new venture of Xiaomi into mobile computers. After the announcement together with the Redmi Pro Smartphone, we now present to you the Mi Notebook Air 13 with Nvidia GeForce 940MX dedicated GFX card.

Whats in the Box:

We can see here that the 13 inch model came packed the way the 12 inch model was packaged, just a little bigger of course. Now the basic package comes with the unit, charger and manual and nothing else. They say simplicity at its best.

Introduction Video of the Mi Notebook Air Series:

Mi Notebook Air 13.3" Specs Sheet:
      • 6th Generatiopn Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.7 Ghz
      • 8GB RAM LPDDR4 2133Mhz
      • 256GB SSD, 1.5 GB per Second Max Read Speed
      • NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics Card, 1G GDDR5 memory, 5GHz Frequency
      • 13.3-inch, full-HD (1,920 x 1,080-pixels)
      • 309.6mm x 210.9mm x 14.8mm; 1.28 kg (2.81 pounds)
      • All Metal Body, 135 Degree Swivel Open and Close
      • Dobly Digital Sound, Realtek ALC255. AKG Customized Dual Speakers
      • Fast Charge Support, Charges up to 50% in 30 Minutes
      • Type-C USB for charging, 1x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 3.5mm audio port
      • 40Wh battery, 9 hours
      • 4999 RMB
      • Xiaomi.com

Intel Core i5 6200U (13.3") vs Intel Core M3-6Y30 (12.5")

Now everybody wants to have a piece of the Intel Core i5 simply because we all know that its the better processor, but wait, lets take a look at the benchmarks of the 2 processors go head to head from cpuboss.com and see the real score.

At the end of the testing, cpuboss gave Core M3 the upper-hand since the benchmarks scores are almost the same but Core M3 simply left Core i5 in the dust in terms of battery usage. Now, a change of heart to the 12 inch model? Nah! This one sports the dedicated graphics card.

For all the geeky people, you can check the hardware specs and everything you want to know as inspected by SiSoftware Sandra, for non-geeks, you can skip this part

Έχει γίνει απόκρυψη περιεχομένου. Για να συνδεθείτε/εγγραφείτε, κάντε κλικ εδώ.

Unboxing Video:

Design:

Xiaomi has spent much effort on designing the Mi Notebook Air, but we all know that it looks somewhat similar to the Macbook Air since there is no denying this. Xiaomi battle for supremacy against Apple will continue, whats next? Maybe a Mipod? The revival of the popular Ipod? We shall see in the future, since Xiaomi never fails to amaze us with their latest unveilings.

Now we can see in the illustration that Mi Notebook Air is thinner, as always compared to its heated rival, Apple Inc. Let's focus on the Mi Notebook Air alone this time, shall we?

Simplicity is the key, taking on the top view, we can mistakenly thought this was the aluminum mouse pad Xiaomi released earlier, its too simple that we wished there is a MI Logo present on the middle with orange light to complete the icing on the cake. That would be a real delightful fantasy for us Mi Fans.

On front, we can see the very thin design of the Mi Notebook Air, with a slight opening for us to easily open using our thumb or the index finger. Be careful as the display panel is quite thin.

On the Right Side, we can see the USB 3.0 Slot, USB-C Fast charging port and the Power LED light. Now the USB C port does not function only as a charging port, it can be used to expand it, all you need is a USB C OTG Hub. We tested a card reader hub on it and it works perfectly.

The back is also a beauty, so simple and clean in design.

On the left side, we have the HDMI Port, USB 3.0 Port and the 3.5mm Audio Jack on the far end. (the 13 inch model has 1 USB slot more than the 12 inch model)

Deep down under, its simply nothing, we can't open and add memory modules or replace SSD Drive just like any other conventional laptops. We can see the authentic Windows 10 sticker below. We love the Nvidia Sticker below, it looks just awesome!

As we opened the laptop, there is a protective cover to prevent the keyboard from scratching the screen. Booting up we saw the Mi Logo just like any Xiaomi Smartphones.

The keyboard is very ergonomic, we loved typing on this Mi Notebook Air, very responsive but not as sturdy as the Macbook Air.

The Intel Core i5 emblem sticker.

Booting up to the Mi Bios.

The Mi Logo of course

The power button can be found on top of the backspace, in case you are not aware of it.

Did you know that only the 12.5" model sports a camera? Now you are informed.

Operating System:

This unit came equipped with Windows 10, but don't be so happy about it, this is where you headache will start, since this is targeted at chinese consumers, they installed Windows 10 Home Basic Single Language Simplified Chinese. In shorter explanation, you cannot add another language pack into it except the default Simplified Chinese, unless you purchase the upgrade package. We also tried to use the product key to activate an English copy but it didnt work as well.

Special Section: Mi Notebook Air 13 vs Macbook Air 13
      We simply love surprises, dont we? This edition of my review, we were able to visit Powermac Store in Trinoma Mall, Philippines. We were greeted by the staffs and they we amazed with the size and quality of the Mi Notebook Air 13, we let them play with it and they happily let us took side by side photos comparison with the Macbook Air 13. Sounds fair right?

Quite many people inside the shop so we had to wait for our turn to touch the Macbook Air 13, while we were at it taking photos, passerby asked me if thats the new model Macbook Air? I simply said it is the Macbook Air killer. {:m002:}

In terms of display, we are almost as good as the Macbook Air, both does not sport a touchscreen panel.

Looking the the bottom, the Mi Notebook Air sports ventilations while Macbook Air doesnt. I wonder how hot is it inside the Macbook Air.

On top we simply love the way Apple puts its logo, thats the only thing lacking in the Mi Notebook Air, the Mi Logo.

On the sideview we can simply see that the Mi Notebook Air was thinner than the Macbook Air.

Trying out the keyboard of the Macbook Air, we simply feel its more sturdy compared to the Mi Notebook Air.

The display panel Macbook Air was thinner than its rival.

Overall the Mi Notebook Air was smaller than the Macbook Air, which gives Xiaomi the bragging rights this time against its rival.

Bonus: Mi Notebook Air 13 vs Macbook Air 11

The Mi Notebook Air was only slightly bigger than Macbook Air 11 inch. Could you beleve that?

Conclusion:

The Mi Notebook Air was simply a hit, there were reported many Mi Fans camped outside the Mi Store in China just to get first crack on this beauty. The speed of the Core i5 is pretty impressive as it was able to handle multitasking without a hitch, and after we installed a fresh version of Windows 10, it gets even faster without those pre-installed bloatwares.

We did try Dota 2 on the Mi Notebook Air 13 and it went on for 1 hour without a hitch. Here is one gamer who uploaded his gaming experience with the said notebook.

We love the feel of this unit and for 4999 RMB roughly 750 USD, you get something as good as a Macbook Air 13, of course without shelling out twice the amount for a premium item. Our verdict is that this is a good buy if you are someone on the go always, and loves to play games, this is just the right notebook for you, slim sleek and sexy and of course powerful. This laptop gives you all the power you need to play and do your work as well. One thing lacking is that we we are not able to charge the Mi Notebook Air using the Mi Powerbank (this feature is available to the Macbook Air). We highly recommend this laptop for those who loves to play games without having to carry a hulk sized laptop especially when travelling.

This is your favorite Xiaomi Gadget reviewer, mitch002, signing off!